Pages

24 January 2011

A Return to Blogging

I took a break. I went on blogging sabbatical. I relieved myself of one obligation in order to focus on others. And I could not be happier.

This past month has been a journey. I could not actually keep myself from writing, and did end up writing in some way every single day, but it was different: I was writing entirely for myself without worries of whether an audience would enjoy it or not or what people might think, say, or do. It was nice to only worry about myself.

Not that I was only worried about myself for an entire month. No, not in the least. I was directing a play: I was in a constant state of worrying about everyone else. But my writing was freed, and with it, my mind. Part of it is my church: for some inexplicable reason, thinking is actually encouraged. It blows my mind. And it makes me a bit uncomfortable, actually. I am far from used to this freedom.

A month of mental freedom, and I am ready and glad to be back. I feel refreshed, and I feel like new life has been breathed into my lungs. The play is over. Post production depression is nipping at me, but it's different this time; I don't really feel like it's over. Where the Wild Berries Grow might be over, but this is only the beginning of much more to come. And I feel ready.

No comments: