Pages

11 May 2011

The Rules of Craigslist

I've started to become a bit of a Craigslist expert lately, in my search for a job that actually suits me, and so I feel it is time that I present to you The Rules of Craigslist:
  1. Acting classes are scams.
  2. "No experience necessary, make big money" jobs and the like are scams.
  3. If the ad promises fame, you're not getting paid.
  4. Music is a hobby, not a job. Good luck finding your music career while surfing the web and not playing shows.
  5. An "older man" looking for a "companion" means prostitution minus the street corner. 
  6. If the poster cannot spell, don't expect they'll get your name write on your paycheck either. 
  7. The wonderful people offering to do you favours for free are lying.
  8. If you really need money, learn how to knock on doors and ask for money and/or signature; there are always canvassing jobs on Craigslist.
  9. Get a résumé; real jobs always ask for it.
  10. And finally, if they have to tell you their company is hip, it isn't. Trust me.
Hope you enjoyed!

No comments: