Pages

13 May 2010

Thinking

I have an interview later today. I had no idea how nervous I was until I completely blanked and panicked on my English quiz. I'm sure I knew all the answers, but my mind was a complete blank. Burnt out, no doubt, from all the constant thinking it has been doing:

1. College thinking! "Should I take English 1A over the summer? If I placed into a math class much higher than needed for my major, should I even take math? How am I going to come up with all these thousands of dollars? I need a perfect 4.0 in all my classes to transfer and get the scholarships I need, but I have to work as many hours as possible to save up money, but I'm supposed to be working on as many film projects as possible to give myself a leg up over other applicants and aspiring filmmakers, but AHHHHHHH!!"

2. Interview thinking! "Should I wear make-up? I never wear make up! What should I wear? Is red too strong of a colour? Should I wear the big, expensive-looking coat, or the cheap, possibly more professional-looking jacket? Where did all my artwork for my portfolio go? Why is my resume such crap? What do I do with my hair? Should I wear heels? I don't have any shoes to wear! What time was the interview again? What do I say? What if I look stupid? This is stupid!"

3. Food thinking! "I'm hungry. Why is there no food in my house?"

4. School thinking! "What do you mean we were supposed to read? Why are we still pretending like the school year isn't over? Final project?? WHAT??"

5. Work thinking! "Why can't I find this font? Did I scan that right? How do you work this machine again? Adobe CS1??? But I use CS4! What am I supposed to be doing??"

6. Thinking thinking! "What am I supposed to be thinking about?"

As you can see, I'm quite thoughtful. Wish me luck!

No comments: