Pages

23 August 2010

Mondays Are Nice

Monday. The beginning of a new week. Clean slate. Fresh start. A time both to reflect and to look forward. Mondays are nice.

This week is my last week of summer. A week from today, I will be frantically trying to deal with classes, running around like a chicken with its head cut off. Drop this class, add that one. Park here, pay for that. Write this down, file that. Memorise this, that, and these. Et cetera, et cetera. So I plan to enjoy my last week of summer.

This week, however, shall be just as frantic, if not more so, than next week. There's so much to do before summer ends, and only one last week to do it!

First, I have a script to finish. Last summer, no one expected anything but what you'd usually expect from a seventeen=year-old high school student trying to write a play. This year, the expectations are so much higher though. Everyone knows I'm capable of writing something great, even me!, but the pressure is making me panic. I'm horribly behind, and I have to send the script to press in one week. Activate NaNoWriMo mindset!

I'm going to Universal Studios today with my brother and my best friend. This is the sort of regular summer day that I haven't had much of all summer. Wake up early, run off to somewhere with people you love, have a blast, come home exhausted, and do it all over again!

And then Daniel Zlotorowicz has a show this week. (If you're anywhere near Pasadena, you should come! Contact me for details: ethraen [at] gmail [dot] com) It's totally different now though, because I'm in the music business too now. Once, a loyal fan. Now, a fellow musician. It feels so very different.

But most exciting for this week is getting to perform myself! I have a flash mob event (but it's a secret, shh!) on Saturday and rehearsals this week, and then I have my now-usual gig as an occasional street performer. It's pretty cool to just perform on the streets for total strangers. Being backstage is fun, and I really do enjoy it, but being the performer has a certain charm nothing can ever compare to.

Yeah, it's going to be an awesome week. Mondays are so great.

No comments: