Pages

19 August 2010

Blog Changes

Happy Thursday, world!

Apparently, there was an issue with getting this blog up at 5AM. Whoops. Turns out I was right in my last post: just a lazy, unmotivated, irresponsible artist-slacker. Anyway, I have some "changes" planned that this blog will soon be undergoing. Input would be great!

I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I'd like to get the blog onto a better schedule than just "Hey, this is the totally random topic I decided to write about today!" sort of thing we've got going on right now. To fix this, I thought I'd make each day of the week have a specific "category" the posts would be under. Problem is, I don't really have any specific categories I can think of implementing, save for two days creative writing on the weekends. Yeah, creative writing.

Saturday mornings will be stand-alone, any kind of writing, short stories of my choosing. Sunday mornings though, will be an on-going story which readers will influence and vote upon. Like "Choose your ending" stories. Each week, they'll end with a choice, and readers will vote on what choice is made. You'll also be able to vote to change any other detail of the story, from characters to plot to setting to genre even. It's up to you, the readers.

But I don't know what to do for M-F. I think Mondays will end up being a sum up of the previous week and what's to come in the week to follow, at least as it relates to my arts and career endeavours. But the other days? Not really sure. Maybe review a book or play or music or some sort on Tuesdays, current event on Wednesdays, ? on Thursdays, and some sort of "I've learned that . . ." anecdote on Fridays? I suppose Thursdays could be another review. Tuesday through Thursday is what I'm most unsure about.

Well, I have a few more days to figure it out. But expect tomorrow to be a life lesson anecdote, Saturday to be a story, and Sunday to be the first of the reader-voted story! (And Monday to be a weekly update on my mildly interesting life.) Hopefully, I get better ideas before Tuesday's post.

No comments: