Pages

13 August 2010

So You Think You Can Blog

This blogging daily thing won't be so hard if things like BEING ON THE SEASON SEVEN SEASON FINALE happen more often.

"You were on SYTYCD, say WHAT???" Yeah, I know. Okay, I'll explain. I am not a super mega awesome dancer, nor was I cool enough to be in the audience either. But I was on the show. For like two seconds. Yes, I leapt out of my seat (in this case, a rather comfy couch), tossed and/or hugged rather tightly the pillow I was clinging onto for the entirety of the episode, grabbed my brother, and excitedly pointed out my non-HD self. I rewound, replayed, and rewound again. I paused it and looked at myself on TV. It was exciting.

So how, you ask! Well, see, I partook in a wonderful thing called a flash mob on National Dance Day. We danced; it was exciting! National Dance Day was definitely one of the most enjoyable days I've had in quite some time, and I have enjoyable days nearly all the time. Video was sent to the wonderful people at SYTYCD, and they threw in a clip with me and other near me dancing in their "National Dance Day is cool" montage midway through the show.

Watch for me on Oprah next week. I'll be in a montage of bloggers who stare at their computers all day and develop extreme sensitivity to sunlight as a result. Yeeaaah.

But in all seriousness, the point of National Dance Day and the clips of regular people (like me!) dancing up on SYTYCD, along with Ellen DeGeneres, DANCE LEGEND, getting to dance on that incredible stage is that anyone can dance. In fact, anyone should dance. Whether you dance incredibly or incredibly bad doesn't matter; it's just about dancing for the sake of dancing.

Ah, dance, one of the many, many fields I want to get into more. I think I'll start dancing more often. (Because whilst driving isn't usually the best time.) Yeah, I know I've been saying that for nearly a year, but I mean! Look, just to prove my point, I am going to dance for at least 1 hour a day for the rest of summer vacation! HA! Take that, doubters!

I think I can blog, by the way.

No comments: