Pages

03 December 2010

EP and Music Video Announcement

Did I mention that I just recorded an EP? Yeah, I did. Four winter-y songs are headed your way quite soon! We just finished mastering the tracks, and, as I write this, I am listening to my own voice come out of my big, noise-cancelling headphones. It's a really weird feeling. But there's still something really big that needs to be finished before the official release: the music video. And that is where YOU come in. I'm going to need all the holiday spirit I can get to fill the video, so:

First off, I'm inviting everyone I know (or don't know) to send in their own video clips of holiday (Not just Christmas!) cheer, especially fun in the snow like snow angels, snowmen, snowballs and snowfights, sledding, and whatever else you can think of. Throw in your pets. All sorts of festive holiday decorations are super cool, especially lights, so send in footage of that too! Get creative! If you give me your email address (you can email me at ethraen@gmail.com), I'll even send you a copy of the song so you can film to the song if you want to dance, lipsync, or act like you're playing one of the instruments in the song.

And to my Los Angeles readers, you can film WITH me. Super exciting, right? If any of you happen to have a video camera of good quality, that would be especially helpful. For obvious safety reasons, I'm not going to post where or when the filming is going to take place on here, so you need to get on my mailing list (just email me) to get the info. And you, of course, are more than welcome to film on your own too! I'm going to need a lot of footage, and the more people in the video the better.

I'm really excited about this music video. It's a chance to bring everyone together in the holiday spirit, and I really hope it happens. At the very least, I have an EP I am definitely proud of that I will soon get to share with all of you!

(Friday's post has been moved to Monday!)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Nice, a musician! I write music too, and perform it, but I'm totally amateur. If you look up "Woody's A Girl" on google you will find some stuff :)