Pages

01 September 2010

Knowledge Day

Happy September! And so we begin our meteorological autumn, here in the northern hemisphere. Only 121 (am I the only one who likes that number?) days left of 2010. Three quarters done. Apparently, in Russia, the first day of September is called Knowledge Day. While it's called that because that's when they usually start school, I like the idea of a Knowledge Day. Let's celebrate it!

Whether or not it's the first of September while you're reading this, I'm going to suggest three things you should do to celebrate this wonderful holiday:

First, learn something new today. Make it a priority. Take the time to stop, think, and let the new knowledge sink in. Second, teach someone something. Share your knowledge, and experience the joy of teaching someone else. Finally, talk about it. Spread the word about Knowledge Day, get others involved, and leave comments about your Knowledge Day. I'd sure love to hear all about it!

How will I spend my Knowledge Day? Well, you know how Wikipedia has the "Random Article" feature? I found out the library has that too. You just walk around aimlessly, stop, grab the first book you see, and start reading. I don't know what I'm going to learn about, but I assure you I'll find something interesting there. Maybe I'll even find inspiration for Saturday's and Sunday's creative writing pieces.

I don't know who I'm going to teach what, but I've got a full day ahead of me, full of many, many people to meet and talk to; I'll make it a point to find someone to trade knowledge with one way or another. I'll let you know how it all ends up going; let me know how your Knowledge Day goes too! You can leave a comment on this blog.

1 comment:

haircut74 said...

this is a tall order you've placed, but i'll see what i can do. :D