Pages

13 October 2010

Apparently, blogging daily means you have to do it every day. Who knew?

I promise I'll start writing more meaningful posts soon. I'm just exhausted lately. So very exhausted. And by the time I finally start writing my blog posts, sleep is starting to sound really good. It's really warm right now, for some odd reason. It's extremely early morning, and I'm sweating. Maybe I have a fever. Or maybe I have need-an-excuse-to-not-blog-itus.

It came to my attention (for the umpteenth time) today that NaNoWriMo is fast approaching. 18 days of October left, and the BAM! It's NaNoWriMo! That's little more than two weeks.

For those of you who don't know (and didn't already Google it to find out), NaNoWriMo is short for NAtional NOvel WRIting MOnth. It's this crazy idea, really. You write a novel, defined as being at least 50K words, in one month. Absolutely insane. And I've been doing it for years. I love it. NaNoWriMo taught me how to write.

Well, no. I learned how to write in school, but NaNoWriMo taught me to forget all the rules I learned about writing and just get words onto paper. Or screen. Thanks to NanoWriMo, writing a play every summer isn't all that hard.

NaNoWriMo taught me how to overcome the mythical writer's block. It taught me how to just write without excuses. There are no excuses in NaNoWriMo. And there is no failing either. Every word is a success. I like to think that maybe, just maybe, this post is a success. I am exhausted, but I write anyway.

My thought are jumbling off I fall asleep. That sentence was wrong, but I feel it expressed how my head is quite really. Okay. Goodnight. Or morning. Or whatever it is. Good something. Better posts coming.

1 comment:

Thræn said...

Good Lord, that last paragraph was terrible. I think I was asleep when I wrote it. Still am too.